AUDITIONS FOR DEPT. STAGE PRODUCTIONS
Auditions – Fall 2023
All auditioners must complete THIS FORM prior to auditioning.
Auditions will begin at 6pm on Wednesday, September 6, 2023 in The Minor Latham Playhouse (118 Milbank Hall) with a group meeting. Individual auditions will begin shortly thereafter. See below for information on our Fall 2023 productions, what to prepare for your audition, and the callback process. Everyone who auditions must complete the Google Form linked above.
The productions for the Fall semester are:
by William Shakespeare
Directed by Alice Reagan
October 19-21, Glicker-Milstein Theatre, LL200 Diana Center
Inspired by French Cinema
Devised by Javier Antonio González
Directed by Javier Antonio González
December 7-9, Minor Latham Playhouse, 118 Milbank Hall
Choose an audition piece, and read the entire play it’s taken from before the audition. Work on the audition piece in advance; waiting until the night before the audition is highly discouraged. The audition monologue is limited to 60 seconds.
Some basic questions to consider when preparing your audition piece:
- Who am I?
- Where am I (what is the time, weather and place)?
- Who am I talking to?
- Why am I saying this now, or what makes it important to say this now?
- What am I hoping to achieve by saying this? Or, how do I hope things will change because I say this?
Callbacks will be posted the next morning and held that same evening Thursday, September 7. Cast lists will be posted Friday, September 8. If you are cast, you must register for the following course:
- THTR UN2202 Practicum Performance Show 1: Twelfth Night, directed by Alice Reagan
- THTR UN2203 Practicum Performance Show 2: Inspired by French Cinema, directed by Javier Antonio González